It's official. Cory is no longer driving his Mazda Protege, the car that got him through undergrad at BYU and dental school at USC. I was sure he wouldn't drive it once he started working, but we hauled it up here with us. A year later, after 8 years of driving a manual (and getting great gas mileage) he's finally moving on. There are a lot of reasons for the switch including his new job, the summer heat that's quickly approaching, and our coming baby this fall. He now gets to drive my old car, a red Toyota Corolla, which is an automatic, has a CD player and automatic door locks. This is a huge step up!
And this is what I get to drive...
Yes, this beautiful Honda Pilot equipped with a navigation system, leather seats, rear A/C, tinted windows, third-row seating, a sunroof and keyless entry (a first for us). We're going to be spending a lot more on gas now, but I am excited to have a cooler car where poor Brady won't always be sweating in the back seat. I think this is really going to improve my summer since the worst part of the heat for me is getting into a hot car between errands. Also, it will be a lot easier for me to get in and out with this growing belly of mine. Speaking of, my ultrasound is today so make sure to check back tomorrow to learn about the gender of this baby.


4 comments:
Welcome to the MAVia. You now own a Mormon Assault Vehicle. Awesome! LOL! :)
I love Pilots! My mom has one and they are awesome! Congrats! Yay ultrasounds are so fun!
I've been following your blog for a bit, but I don't think I've ever commented so here goes...I love your new car!! It looks super nice and I'm sure you will love having the cooler car this summer. We drive an SUV too and it makes getting kids in and out of carseats so much easier! And I think it's kind of funny that Cory's "Upgrade" is your "Hand-Me-Down." Gotta love it!!
You know, we had a silver Honda Pilot too. The gas wasn't too bad. We were always surprised with what great mileage it got, especially on log trips. You'll love it, we did.
Congrats!
Ashley
Post a Comment