Here is my already big belly at just four months.

My pregnancy is still going great. I'm 20 weeks and I'm feeling lots of movement. For those who didn't know, or didn't care to remember, Brady's birth was a c-section. After more than 36 hours of multiple induction methods/hormones (yes, I slept through the night on Pitosin), he still didn't drop. I was dilated to a -2 (yep, that is possible) and decided, 8 days after my due date, that a c-section was the most logical and realistic option.
I would really like to have a VBAC this time. My doctor said it's more likely a possibility for me since the c-section wasn't an emergency, or due to my medical health. However, I just learned at my appointment last week that a VBAC could automatically be ruled out if the incision on my uterus (not stomach) is verticle. For reasons beyond my understanding, the doctor's office still has yet to receive my medical records from LA. Therefore, we're waiting on those to learn about the incision. I'm crossing my fingers that my doctor in LA did a horizontal incision and a VBAC will happen. Sure, the planner in me would love to set the birth date and have it all planned out, but it's much more important to me to have a quick recovery and future vaginal births. With my luck, it will be another c-section much later than I would have scheduled, but I can always hope for the best.
8 comments:
You're so cute Jess. You look great, and way to go for trying to do a V-BAC. You can do it, you can do it. And just in case it doesn't work out...the idea of not having contractions sounds pretty darn good too.
Lookin' good cutie girl!! Don't you love being pregnant? It's awesome. Trying at times, but so amazing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as far as a VBAC goes, but I don't envy the first vaginal birth recovery...mine was terrible!! But maybe you'll get lucky and not have to have too many stitches. My physical recovery with Natalie the second time around was a BREEZE so there is hope!
Have you read about how dangerous those are? I respect your decision but it seems a little scary to me.
I think you look adorable!! (love the shirt by the way!!) And yeah for you for trying a VBAC. I know two people who have recently had fantastic experiences going VBAC so it definitely can be done if everything goes right (and your body/baby/and or doctor aren't too stubborn!!) Whatever happens though, I know you'll love having that little baby girl to hold in your arms in just a few more months!!
Such a cute belly! You do look great! I hope and cross my fingers for you too that you can have a VBAC. that would be nice and a good experience for you.
Hey, I am 20 weeks pregnant too! I understand wanting to have a VBAC, but after having both vaginal and Csec, Csec was way better to me... even the recovery. Everybody has a different experience, but just in case it doesn't work out don't feel too bad about another csec, its supposed to be even easier the second time
You look great Jessica! Hopefully everything will work out the way you want. I actually felt like my c-section the 2nd time was way easier. Ive heard because your body is used to it and its pretty much numb in that area already. I totally understand why you would want a V-Bac though. Good luck
Why would they sew your uterus up in the vertical position? Weird! Both my kiddos were c-section. I love preggo pics and I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well!
Post a Comment