Friday, June 12, 2009

From the Mouth of a 2-Year-Old

See, we go private and nobody looks at our blog anymore. Well, nobody comments anyway. It makes me sad, but I'm not going to stop posting.

I've been writing down some of the funny things Brady has been saying lately. Sometimes he sounds so grown up, and here are some frequent comments or phrases of his (which are usually in context):

Bye Alligator!
Does that sound good?
Nice teamwork!
That’s a good idea.
I have a question.
That’s a silly question.
Does that make sense?
Be more careful, Mommy (funny to hear from my 2-year-old boy)
Don't say 'No'!
Yeah right! (usually followed by a laugh now since my mom thought that was so funny)
When he tags us, instead of saying “You’re it” he says “I hear it”.
Thanks though
Whatever
What’s going on here?
I don’t care
Congratulations (always at random)
California (also at random because he doesn’t know what it means, but apparently it's a fun word, usually said while he's on his imaginary phone)

Here are a couple funny things he said lately:
He’s learning the song “I’m so glad when Daddy comes Home”. One night at the dinner table he’d just finished singing “Baa Baa Black Sheep” and his new song was next. He got to the end of the song: Pat his cheeks and give him what? “A great black sheep.”

After he and Cory finished shooting hoops and running around, they sat on the couch for a breather. Cory asked Brady, “Why are you so hot?” and Brady responded, “I’m hot for you, Daddy.”

Brady: It smells nice in here.
Me: Oh? What does it smell like?
Brady: It smells like chicken chocolate.
Me: Hmm, that’s interesting.
Brady: Yeah right!

We recently visited a friend who'd just had a baby girl. As we were leaving I asked Brady if we're going to have a baby girl like that. He said, "No, not today."

He’s starting to express his developing imagination now. This week in the car he puts on his imaginary glasses and sees things like ducks. At home he tells me a giraffe or lion is going to get us. He's always singing too, and I just bought the children's primary songs on CD so now he'll learn the correct words instead of my best guess.

One night during family scripture study, Brady wasn't satisfied with his Book of Mormon Stories book. He got out the dark blue copy of the Book of Mormon, sat down on the couch by Cory, opened it to the pictures and started repeating what Cory was reading. Cory wasn't happy about me interrupting to get out the camera, but how could I not capture this moment? Brady is at such a fun age, and I'm always entertained by this kid.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Kids sure do say some funny things don't they? AND, your posts are still showing up on my google reader...so are you really private?

Chelsea said...

"I'm hot for you, Daddy!" How funny is that. Kids say the funniest things.

And I've never been to Lake Taco, we'll have to go someday. It looks really pretty.

Oh yeah, your posts are still showing up in my Google Reader, too.

Tiffany said...

I haven't stopped checking your blog! He is so cute!

Jenna said...

The best part of those is that I can hear YOU saying them. Especially, "thanks though" that's a phrase that is totally and completely YOU.

Kristi David said...

I got ya babe. I just don't comment a lot because I'm following too many blogs :) I'm still reading yours though!
BTW, Brady is ADORABLE. What a cutie. I wish I could hear his little voice saying all of those funny things!

The Jensens said...

Jessica, in your blog settings you can just choose to not have your blog come up on any search engines. That's what i did with mine, so people can't google you and find your blog!