Last year we had the longest summer ever with the highs hitting the high 90's mid-April and still so hot in early October. The day we left California the rain poured nonstop. We spent a few cool days in Utah and a couple more in Fort Collins. Then the first morning in our new apartment we woke up to snow, quite a few inches. I was surprised to see so much snow again in March, but this morning I looked outside and I was gobsmacked! It's not much, but it's MAY 12!
Here is the view from our front porch.
No playing on the playground today.
I prefer cold over hot, but I sit here in my warmest sweater, jeans and socks and wonder if we will ever see spring.
We are starting to get quotes from landscapers about our backyard. The builder landscaped the front yard and we've been given 12 months to get the backyard done. Does anyone have advice, suggestions, recommendations? Do you have regrets about your landscaping that you don't mind sharing? I hope you're all enjoying a warmer day than we are!


2 comments:
Wow, that's nuts! It will get warmer soon and you'll hardly remember the snow! I do have advice about the yard...make sure you have a LARGE covered patio area for all the outside toys, patio table, etc. I wish we had more room in that regard. Other than that, lots of grass and fun, pretty plants!
What do you mean....."There are over 300 days of sunshine in Denver." HAHAHAHAHA. All lies I tell ya! Tom and I laugh at how people say how perfect the weather is here. If the sun pokes out between the dark clouds for 2 seconds they count it as a day of sunshine. 6 years here and the only thing that is consistent about the weather is how ALL over the place it is. :) Good luck with the backyard. My only advice would be to not skimp if possible. We had to get ours done really quickly (HOA deadline as well) and only got the very basics. I would now definitely add a patio and a good little area for the kids to play. Although you do have the park next door. I don't know, good luck!
Post a Comment