Friday, May 7, 2010

6 Months Old

I haven't taken Brooke in for her check-up yet, but she weighs about 16 pounds, almost double her birth weight. Each month brings something new, and to me six months is a big milestone. She continues to suck on everything but still has not sprouted a tooth. She has taken a liking to that bottom lip of hers.

Here she is initiating her new shoes.

She started hanging out in the jumper this month and loves it. I often put her in there in our bathroom while I'm getting ready in the morning. She'll be in there for 30 minutes without complaining.


Tummy time has gotten even longer now, especially since she seems to have forgotten how to roll onto her back. She reminds us of a turtle swimming around with those legs and arms flapping away. She is scooting a little, but I'm not encouraging anything. It will be best for everyone if she waits until the basement is finished mid-June to start crawling. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Brooke is now sitting up and here's a great shot to prove it.

For a while she's been wanting to be upright, so this is great that she's sitting and more content on her own. It's also good since she managed to get out of the Bumbo seat the other day. I guess this means she's graduated. Well, except for meals because I'm not ready to bring in the high chair. She has started eating solids now and is doing great. That will be a post in and of itself.
Here are a few clips of our baby girl from the last month.

5 comments:

Jenna said...

I love how sparkly her eyes are!! She's beautiful.

Rachel B. said...

She really is a very pretty little girl. You probably hear that a lot! You're two for two with cuties. If my next baby is a girl you're going to have to tell me where you get her headbands. The bows are so darling!

Megan said...

Way too cute! I hope we get to meet her while we're in Denver next weekend. Did you get my email (via Facebook) about the potluck on Sunday, 5/16?

Laney said...

Oh she's so cute! I adore her round face.

Diane said...

She is so cute. I loved the video. I am super jealous that she likes to be on her tummy. While I am okay with Gavin not crawling right now, I do eventually want him to.