Thursday, May 20, 2010

Our Boy

Brady has started the WHY phase. I knew this would come, but I'd forgotten how annoying this stage is. I've been bad and told him, "Don't ask why," but that's usually when he asks pointless questions that have no explanation. His bedtime story of choice was Hop on Pop, and every page he asked why until I finally said, "I don't know why. That's just what Dr. Seuss wanted it to be."

We also read The Foot Book, which mentions "trick feet". When I read that part Brady told me he wanted Trix for breakfast. This kid is a cereal addict. He thinks he can just name a cereal and it will magically appear in his bowl. I have no idea where he got that idea.

Thankfully a few weeks after the big cereal sale, Safeway had another one that included Cheerios. I bought 14 boxes and I plan to mix them. I hated when my mom did that to us, but now I am my mother.

Brady is now tall enough to fill his cup with the fridge water dispenser. That has been nice. He usually is willing to fill my cup and bring it to me too. Today he took a drink and exclaimed in delight, "Mmm - water-y!" If only he were always so easy to please.

We drove to Brooke's doctor appointment and I told Brady she was going to get some shots. He asked if he needed any. I told him no, not until he's 5. He replied, "When it's time for my shot I'm going to get a really fast horse and get away." I guess his mind was on the gun show we saw at Gold Rush Days in Sacramento last year.

Brady now tells me to remind him of things. "Remind me to bring Thomas inside when we get home," or "Remind me to wear my sunglasses next time I go to the playground." As if I don't have enough on my mind.

Brady made up a game rolling a stick of Carmex off the dining table and catching it on the other side before it hit the floor. Apparently he's not so good at it because he kept saying, "Aw, I'm out of the challenge." Too many episodes of survivor for this boy.

3 comments:

Becca said...

I'm still laughing. I don't know if I've every seen anything more awkward-looking than those jumping jacks. I think the awkwardness is emphasized by the expression on his face. Thanks for sharing it!

Jenna said...

Oh man, he is one hilarious kid. I love the cereal cupboard...we're running a bit low....I'm desperate for cereal. BTW everything's great in the 'health' department.

Reary Family said...

Please, please don't subject Brady to mixed cereal. Really, what is the point? If you are worried about sugar, don't feed him sugary cereal. I don't think you realize the severity in which you can scar his life. I am speaking from experience.