Friday, March 26, 2010

GOT KEYS?

We had our final walk-through this morning with the builder's superintendant. We then headed to the title company, signed all the papers (my pen almost ran out of ink after writing Higginbotham so many times!) and got our keys.
Thankfully this has been a pretty painless process. Whoever said it couldn't be done with kids around was wrong. Our kids went to about every showing (31 total) and almost every meeting as well. Today our realtor held Brooke while Brady played with toys and read books. Yes it would have been nice to drop the kids off at Grandma's, but since that wasn't an option, we made due and it worked out just fine.
Now that the house is officially ours, I finally got the go ahead to release the interior photos that we took after we signed our contract in early February. If you missed the exterior photos, click here. Starting on the main floor, here are shots of the dining room, kitchen and family room .
This was taken from the dining room into the kitchen. I'm so excited about the large butler's pantry. Check out all those cabinets and drawers!


There is also a half bathroom and a living room on the main floor.
Here is the second floor.

laundry room and linen closet

master shower and tub

master cabinets and sinks

Brooke's room
Brady's room
While I felt like doing a cartwheel when I walked into the house today, I contained my excitement and just stood at the sink trying to picture doing dishes there. It's still a dream to imagine actually living there, but there is still a lot to do first. We've got a busy week, and each trip we're going to drop off a car load of boxes.
This is what our week entails:
Saturday - meet painters in the morning, unload Pilot, purchase bar stools, tell leasing office we aren't renewing our lease, load up Pilot again
Sunday - go to church in new ward, unload Pilot at house
Monday - painting continues, pack more boxes, load Pilot
Tuesday - last day of painting, unload Pilot, pack more boxes, load Pilot
Wednesday - unload Pilot, fridge delivery, blinds installation, garage door installation, start unpacking, pick up my Mom at airport, load Pilot
Thursday - rent pick-up truck, pick up washer and dryer, load beds and boxes, unload and unpack, phone/satellite/Internet installation, first night in the house. APRIL FOOLS DAY
Friday - furniture delivery (kitchen and dining tables and sectional for family room), unpack
Saturday - rent moving truck, load up remaining furniture and boxes, unload and unpack
Sunday - Easter and General Conference at the Wayes, finally time to relax!
Monday - first day of basement finishing project

Once we get furniture and decorations I'll add photos. I need to take some before and after shots of the basement. The transformation will be amazing and we're so excited! We appreciate all your enthusiasm. Buying our first home is definitely up there on exciting lifetime events, and we're happy to get to share it with you.

14 comments:

Becca said...

So I assume Mom will be showering in the master bathroom?

Jenna said...

Jessica it is GORGEOUS!!!!! No wonder you are so excited, I'm so happy for you! Good luck on your busy week ahead, you'll be exhausted but with a huge smile on your face I'm sure. :)

Megan said...

So, so beautiful! Love it!

emily said...

Jess! I'm so excited for you! It's gorgeous and I must admit that I am jealous of all of your kitchen storage! Enjoy your new home!

Rachel B. said...

You done good kid. Seriously, it is beautiful! I love all the countertops and the cabinets. And the view of the park.....perfect!! I'm so excited for you and I'm super excited that you're so close. Even more perfect. Congratulations guys!

The Higginbothams said...

Cory doubted that I could still do a cartwheel, but I proved him wrong on the spot. Now Brady is anxious to learn how since he's got the somersault mastered.

Danielle said...

Jess it's stunning! Love everything about it! My favorite is the butler pantry and the playground out your window! Have fun decorating!

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

Sheesh! your place is beatiful! How awesome that the playground is out your back door. You can totally watch the kids while your cleaning up inside.

Laney said...

Wow, everything looks AMAZING. I love all the windows and light and high ceilings. And the kitchen and bathroom look fantastic. Definitely keep posting more pics after you paint and move in and everything!

dcr said...

i am so happy to hear you actually did that cartwheel! sometimes, you just GOTTA. congratulations on the house. i can't wait to see the evolution!

Erica said...

congrats you guys!! An awesome day indeed!

Ashley said...

I tried posting a comment the other night, but Parker was all over me. So CONGRATULATIONS! Your home is just beautiful, I am so excited for you guys. I wish we were there to play on your playground with you. You've come a long ways from the Rocklin Ranch Apts. (which are totally nice, but not a house). I can't wait to see what it looks like decorated!

We still miss you guys. Good luck with all the things you have to do!

Anonymous said...

IT'S AMAZING!! Soooo excited for you guys!! Congrats, can't wait for more photos!

Errolyn said...

Score with the playground right out your back door!! LOVE all the storage, too. Thanks for keeping us updated :)