Thursday, March 4, 2010

Something Worth Posting About by Cory

For my first NBA game, I was sure spoiled and lucky. Through my work, Jess and I got courtside, 1st row seats (between the Nuggets bench and the basket). The only people in front of us were towel boys and camera men sitting on the court. I couldn't believe it. I felt as if everybody was staring at us since we had baby Brooke with us. We forgot to turn off our flash and had a few mean looks from the security crew.
I could almost reach out and touch Chris Anderson has he inbounded the ball. I couldn't believe all the smack talk we heard on the court.
Brooke was perfect the whole game. Many people commented around us how good she was. I think even Kenyon Martin noticed because he took off his game shoes and autographed them. He gave one to a little boy sitting behind the bench and then walked over to us, knodded at Brooke, and handed one to me commenting on how cute she is. Jess and I were speechless, but I did manage to say thanks. A camera man took a picture of us with the autographed shoe and asked for our name and where we were from. Who knows what paper he takes pictures for.
Kenyon Martin, #4 Martin was pretty vulgar the whole game giving the refs a hard time. We were still happy he gave us his game shoe. Any thoughts on what to do with it? It is only one shoe and size 14. I don't think Brooke could ever wear it.
Chauncey Billups Carmelo was fun to watch as he scored 30 points. The nuggets won 119-90. Wow, what a game! It was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

9 comments:

Scot said...

Nice! Totally jealous of the great perks you are getting (and being nearer to all the arenas, theaters, etc.). The Nuggets are a fun team to watch. Durrant is also fun for me since I saw his freshman (and only) year at Texas, even though he was held to 19 points last night. Keep the shoe for Brady's room or something. Or you could sell it on Ebay for a few bucks since that's your former side business

Ashley said...

That is awesome! I want to see a picture of Brooke sitting inside the shoe like a sled. That thing is huge! What a great night out.

Jenna said...

That is HILARIOUS! I'm glad you guys had fun, what an entirely complete package!! The shoe is cracking me up...

Diane said...

That is so fun! Wow, great seats. I can't believe he gave you his shoe. That is so great.

Danielle said...

Ha! I think NBA players are drown to babies...Michael FInley took off his shoes and gave them to us for Dallin...how fun!

Danielle said...

not drown...DRAWN!! Ha!

Kristi David said...

So fun - maybe Brooke could sleep in the shoe? ;)

Bryan H said...

Nice guys... That is super cool. Did the shoe stink?

Tiffany said...

That sounds awesome! Yes, I too want to see if she fits inside the shoe! What a fun night!