Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Green Day

We had a great time "celebrating" St. Patrick's Day, if celebrating equals green. Everyone wore green and we started with a green breakfast of pancakes and eggs. Doesn't that look appetizing?

Next we headed out for a picnic at the park Becca found online when they were here Saturday. With highs in the high 60's we couldn't resist. Of course I opted to drive so I could swing by Scandinavian Designs first and let Cory get a look at the sofa set I've got my eye on. Brady is getting good at whacking the ball off the tee. He's even hit a few of Cory's pitches. He got a lot of practice this winter in our hallway as Cory would pitch a soft ball and Brady would use his lotion bottle as a bat.

Before heading out in the morning Cory and I got the corned beef going in the slow cooker, so when we got back that afternoon the aroma hit us before we opened the front door. During naps Cory got our phone/internet/satellite bundle all set up for the new house, so the day wasn't entirely unproductive.

Then we sat down to our lovely annual meal of corned beef and cabbage. Brady turned his nose up at the cabbage, but after dipping it in ketchup he decided it wasn't so bad.

After dinner Brady figured out how to really get Brooke going...playing peek-a-boo. She doesn't get nearly as excited when we do it. It's their special thing now. Enjoy my little video montage of the day.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Yum, looks fun! Cute cute video. I really am going to call you today....probably. :) haha