Sunday, March 7, 2010

Class Clown

I don't know if it's just the age, or if Brady really will be a comedian when he's older. Lately he just acts so silly, and it seems his purpose in life is to make us laugh. He's started telling me lately, "You crack me up," and "You're kidding me!" and that does crack me up. Here he is singing a couple songs.


Often when people smile at him or say hi he pretends he's going to fall over, barely keeping his balance. He often reminds me of Kramer from Seinfeld. This bruise on his head, from running into the wall, proves how clumsy he can be.

We've practically given up on keeping his face clean anymore. The red Crystal Light doesn't help either.
He has a lot of fun with his cousin Riley. They took turns on the unicorn then pretended to be asleep in Brooke's bed. I photographed everything, at their request.
Notice the obsession with this hoodie. He wears it whenever it's clean. I bought it on clearance for next winter, but with all the times it's been washed, I wonder if it will even fit. At least he's getting a lot of wear out of it now.
Brady has started having nightmares, and for the past few nights he's awakened one to three times a night. He just cries in his bed, but when Cory and I go in there to comfort him it's never enough. He would prefer we sleep in there with him, which we refuse to do. Often we leave him to cry himself to sleep. Thankfully he hasn't thought of coming into our room, and we hope that never happens. We do feel cruel in the night, but we just get so frustrated. If you have any suggestions as to how to handle this, we welcome them. Thanks.
Brady knows all the letter sounds now, so I started putting together some 3-letter words. He can sound out each letter, but he can't quite put the sounds together. That's the next step.
I decided the best way to wake him up (usually on Sundays when his nap is running into the evening) is to bring Brooke and set her in bed with him. That always puts him in a good mood.We sure enjoy our boy and we think his younger siblings are sure lucky to have him as a big brother.

4 comments:

dcr said...

you have the most adorable children!

Jenna said...

He's hilarious, what a big boy! Cyrena had 'night terrors' where she would just start crying between 10-11 p.m. That means she's not really awake during them but just cried for about a 1/2 hour. We couldn't comfort her at all since she was kind of still asleep. They lasted from about ages 2 1/2 to 3 1/2. Not every night. The pattern we noticed was that it was when she was overtired before bed and they would happen within 2-3 hours of falling asleep. From what I understand they are super common and they eventually just outgrow it. We moved Natalie into her room when Cyrena stopped having them. I always felt so bad that we couldn't do anything to help her!

Brittany said...

Well...I don't have kids of my own...but my sisters have used these, http://www.nightmaresnatchers.com/ and loved them. You can buy one here, or maybe buy some materials so Brady can build his own. I think they are great because they let kids take control of their nightmares...drawing them, and then "trapping" them inside the book. That way, you don't need to feel bad/helpless. The poem inside is pretty cute, too. Good luck!

Laura said...

both my kids started to wake up with nightmares/night terrors at about Brady's age. I have found with Hadley that it's actually due to a calcium deficiency. Weird, I know, but I thought that her waking up was with leg cramps, so I started her on a multivitamin, but they don't have calcium (weird, I know) so I give her a calcium supplement every day and the waking up at night stopped. If I forget to give it to her, you can bet she'll be up crying at night. Works for me!