Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Nodding Off

Brady finally went down to one nap a day a couple weeks ago. He is usually pretty tired after lunch. I really have to watch this kid or sometimes he'll just nod off in his high chair. Tell me the truth, have any of you moms just left your kid sleeping in his high chair?

8 comments:

Becca said...

The idea is just so foreign to me. Riley has never come close to falling asleep anywhere but her bed, and occasionally her car seat. If it did happen though, I'd definitely be moving her up to her bed, so that she would sleep longer. I don't have to tell you, those nap hours are precious!

Rachel B. said...

I'm with Becca, I can't even imagine Reese falling asleep in her high chair. And how nice for you that he took 2 naps for so long. Right now I'm fighting Reese on even taking 1 nap a day. She just lies in her bed talking for 2 hours. Drives me nuts!

If he stays asleep, I would probably move him to his bed. If it will wake him up then by all means I would leave him there. That's pretty dang cute though!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny, Ethan used to do that all the time. He was never a consistant napper, but food seemed to do the trick. All admit, I left him a couple of times. Only when I knew moving him would mean waking him, and he wouldn't go back to sleep.

The Jensens said...

So funny! Caden is so tired now that he's in all-day kindergarten, that he has fallen asleep several times in time-out on the hard tile floor of the laundry room!

emily said...

My kids have been the same way! I have been known to let Paige sleep there, but it never would have worked for #2, 3 or 4 due to the noise of the other kids! So, I say, if he'll sleep there, go for it! No harm done ...I'd just recline it if you can!

Danielle said...

Let's see my kids have taken naps in the high chair, jumperoo, swing, bathroom floor, basically when they crash and burn I let them be...=)

Jenna said...

Cyrena fell asleep in her high chair maybe 3 or 4 times. I always moved her to her bed because she likes to move when she sleeps so she wouldn't sleep long strapped in the high chair.

The Ortega Family said...

How funny..just two nights ago Isaiah was nodding off while eating garlic bread at dinner time. We tried to record it...but of course the battery was dead. It was the funniest thing, because he was sucking on the bread while his eyes were closed.