Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bed Makeover

I've given our bed a makeover. Like about everything else we own, it had been 6 years since our bed has seen new sheets/pillow cases/comforter, etc. I saw this set at Kohl's and added it to my wish list when I got home. Like Cory, I usually have things on my wish list for years, but this one only lasted there for about a week and I'll tell you how.

We had tried to sell our floral sofa and chair on Craigslist before we moved. Unfortunately it didn't happen, so we brought it with us. I kept posting it up here, patiently waiting for someone to be interested enough to arrange muscles and transportation for it. Finally, on Monday, a woman purchased it. The best part of this story is that I sold the set for $50 more than we bought it for more than 6 years ago in Utah. I was able to use the profit to make over our bed. After being marked down 50%, and with the 20% off coupon Melanie let me use, this bed set was a huge bargain!

I told Becca I was anxious to put it on the bed, so I regretted that I had to wash everything first. She said washing and ironing them first was a must. She was joking about the ironing, but I want to know: Has anyone out there really ironed their sheets before? Admittedly, the bedskirt could have used a good hot iron first. Can I just tell you how difficult it is to get a bedskirt on a queen-size bed by yourself? That was my first time and I was pretty proud, so obviously I'm not taking it off to iron it any time soon.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I have ironed the bedskirt before, and putting it on by yourself is a challenge! Good job...I'm impressed. Yay for new bedding, so fun!

Diane said...

I love it and am so happy that you decided to buy it! Super cute. I have a hard enough time ironing my clothes let alone my sheets. But I know my grandma does!

Ashley said...

I'll admit it, I have ironed sheets, pillowcases, and bedskirts. Not all of the sheets though, just the top portion that shows when I fold over the top. I like the pattern and the colors. What a difference new bedding makes! We bought ours at Kohl's and have been very happy with it.

Ashley

The Ortega Family said...

Guess you weren't joking about those people on craigslist, they sure can rip you off! Ha Ha.