Saturday, September 1, 2012

September is here and I'm at the end of my rope!

I'm sure it's because of the heat, but I feel like this pregnancy has lasted forever.  December seems so long ago, and I am so happy it's finally September!  I've got 10 days until my due date.  I hate to count down and get my hopes up because my babies haven't come early.  I am counting down for the weather to cool off though.  For me hot + pregnant = ornery.  It doesn't help that Cory has worked 50+ hours this week because of two partners traveling.  That just means I have to deal with my kids more, which is not going well.  Brady is arguing with everything lately, and Brooke still couldn't care less about making it to the bathroom in time.  At this point I've just had enough, but I have no energy to deal with either issue.  I pray that Colin's arrival will bring more love and happiness to our home because those things have really been lacking this week.
Tonight I told Cory I can't wait to get our baby here and have this delivery over with.  His response: "It's so much easier when the baby is inside you."  Oh, my insensitive husband.  How can I not laugh at that?  I would think the same thing if the roles were reversed.

6 comments:

Ann said...

You poor thing! The last weeks are just so tremendously difficult. I can't believe I never made it over there with cookies this week. Next week for sure. Love you!

HeatherM said...

It's about time you got to the end of your rope! You have handle your pregnancey SOOOO much better than I did!!! I am not going to tell you to hang in there or it's just around the corner because it doesn't ever feel that way. I will tell you, you are right about the baby bringing more peace & love to your home. Comfort & peace is coming!!!!

Reary Family said...

Deep breaths. You can do it! Love you lots.

Diane said...

I am excited to hear when baby comes!! I'm sure you are handling things so much better than you think!!

Eilene said...

Give yourself a break. You're one of the most patient moms I know. I'll be there soon to give you some relief.

Trotts said...

I'm sorry Jess. I wish there was something I could do to help. 7-ish days to go, and hopefully those days will go by pretty quickly. Love you.