Brooke tells everyone she is 3 now even though she's still got 2 months to go. I don't think she's ever told anyone the right age. They ask if she's 3, she says yes. They ask how old she is, she says 6 (just to be older than Brady, I think). She is becoming a habitual liar, and I wonder if it's just because she's a people pleaser. We all know those people who keep their true feelings inside and would rather lie than cause any problems. We'll see what happens as she gets older, but here are a few shots of our crazy girl.
| Ready for Church |
She likes to wear Brady's pajamas to bed. (Again, this may be because he likes her to.) And the goggles are also because Brady likes to wear his. The doll is all her idea, but I had to capture this shot that makes me think she'll be a well-rounded person.
With the kids sharing a room now, Brooke doesn't get enough sleep. Somehow Brady manages to wake her up before 7:00. If she's still napping past 3pm she's awake until 9pm playing in their room while Brady sleeps. This day she was on the time-out bench where we discovered her snoozing. Now we put her down for a nap at 10:30 if one of us is around in the morning. She gets a solid 2 hours before lunch and falls asleep soon after Brady at night.
| Asleep in time-out |
Brooke is as quiet as a mouse in public, or around other people, but at home she's a little chatterbox. A friend told me yesterday that her saying "goodbye" was the most she's heard her speak. In her nursery class at church they say she's the most quiet and meek little girl. It makes me laugh because I have no idea who they are talking about. I was the same way until I was 18 though - so polite and well-behaved in public. (We don't need to discuss my behavior at home, although my siblings may have a lot to say on the matter.)
Yes, today is my due date and I'm blogging. I'm trying to be productive and keep myself distracted from my misery. I think he'll decide to come in the next two or three days, but we'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment