Other than our trip to SoCal in May and Breckenridge in July, we didn't travel this summer. We spent a lot of our time at Waterworld, going once or twice a week. Cory's office is only a couple miles north of the water park, so he would meet us there in the afternoon, or we would go on his days off.
We did go to one Rockies game as a family, and Cory took friends to a couple others.
Brady had two sessions of swim lessons this summer. Between his lessons and Cory and I working with him at Waterworld, he passed level 2! This was a big achievement since he'd been in level 2 four sessions.
This is my favorite photo of the summer. Our kids never got sick of the water park.
And when it was time to go home, they usually didn't make it without a quick snooze. It was a nice way for me to cool off this summer, and I think it helped keep the swelling down. I'm sure you're all upset to see no photos of me at Waterworld. They are not available because there are none. But I will say that maternity swimming suit was a great investment after using it two full summers now. I just hope I won't have to use it again because being in my third trimester all summer has not been fun.

Brooke has been working on her letters and knows more than half of them now. She also knows colors, some numbers, and some shapes. She's got quite the little tan bod now, and she wears flip-flops without the backs. We're coming up on six months of potty training and she still rarely tells us when she needs to go. We're too far into it now to quit, and it's just become a way of life. She'll get it when she's ready, we hope.
My goal was to teach Brady how to tell time, and how to count money this summer. He accomplished one of them, telling time. We'll do more practice with money next summer. I just hope his kindergarten teacher can find ways to challenge him. So far his "math" at school consists of counting, nothing close to the 60 math problems per page he's been doing at home. But it's a nice break for him and he says he likes it.





2 comments:
Just read all the updates. First of all, you look so great Jess. Really you're gorgeous and styling and totally beautiful! Maybe I'll need to borrow some clothes when I come in October? Also, so cool that you spent so much time at the waterpark. That is admirable that you took the kids so often when energy is a hot commodity!
That picture of Brooke is adorable!! So cute. It sounds like a really fun summer. I am impressed that you had the energy to go to the waterpark so often! Good for you.
I can't believe that Brooke knows her letters! Wow!!
Post a Comment