I'm outnumbered all the way around now - more boys than girls, more kids than adults, the only one with a "J" name, and more finger and toenails than I care to clip. Colin was born Saturday afternoon, and my hospital recovery time was well-spent. I opted to stay the extra day for a few reasons. Cory had a handle on things at home, I was only mother to one, the extensive room service menu was amazing, and I got a much-needed massage. I didn't leave the room once, but my iPad, a great book (Insurgent by Veronica Roth), and cable TV kept me entertained. It was my time to be waited on hand and foot, and if you can't enjoy Eggs Benedict or chocolate cake right after having a baby, when can you?
We came home around noon today and the adjustment has been easy, as long as I remember to take my ibuprofen. Right now the kids are playing outside with Cory and Colin is asleep. I feel like I should be doing something productive like laundry, but that's going to have to wait until tomorrow. I took a good nap today, so hopefully that will get me through another long night. It's nice to be home where Cory will help with the kids and keep Colin happy while he's not eating or sleeping. Pictures and graphic details to come.
5 comments:
yea! congrats, glad all went well!
So excited to see all the pictures! Glad everything went well!
can't wait to see pictures! Congrats and take more than one day to get back to the laundry!
Yea! So excited for you guys! We heard in chruch that he was a 9 pounder! Nice and healthy! I totally love my stay in the hospital after I have my babies, they wait on you hand and foot, what could be better before getting back to reality!? Cant wait to see pictures!
Congratulations! :)
Post a Comment