Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Last Game

Brady's grandparents requested more video of his games, so I got some footage of his last game of the season Saturday.
This little kicker broke his record and scored 8 goals his last game. The opposing team was all girls, and toward the end we called to the boys to ease up, but Brady was down near their goal and too far away to hear the plan. As one of the girls kicked it toward him he got in his defensive stance and it went right between his legs and into the goal! It couldn't have been more perfect if he'd planned it. I wish I'd gotten video of that play.
Thankfully Brooke stays put during the games and rarely gets near the sideline.
The "Little Monsters" accepted their medals. There were 6 boys and 1 girl on the team, but these 4 were who showed up to every game, and the only kids there for the last one. That meant they got no breaks, but these boys didn't mind. They are animals.
With Cory unable to attend most of the games because of work, I truly was a soccer mom. It was fun seeing Brady out there and knowing Cory was the same way when he was young. Next up: swim lessons.

1 comment:

Grandpa Higg said...

Brady's the man! I'm glad I don't pay him for every goal he makes:-) He doesn't need anymore incentive!