Brady has come a long way from the balance bike we got him last summer. I really do think the balance bike was great training for balancing, so it served its purpose.
I found this Spider Man bike at a local consignment sale for just $25! It was one of those purchases I couldn't pass up, even though I wasn't sure how Cory would feel about it. As it turns out, he was excited because he had been thinking Brady needed a bike with pedals this summer. Perfect! Once Cory managed to convince Brady that training wheels are for 3-year-olds, (no offense to you 4-year-olds with training wheels!) they were all set to go.
Here he is just starting out.
He got the hang of pedaling pretty quickly, but he was still a little wobbly.
Here's Brady riding on his own the second day.
After three days of riding, he knows how to slow down and stop himself. Today he happily announced, "Mommy, I'm making progress!" Now we just need to teach him how to start off on his own. I remember well my dad teaching me how to ride a bike, and I hope Brady will cherish this experience with his dad.

3 comments:
Yay for Brady! That is a big exciting step, he will be so proud when he finally gets it.
adorable!! It's hard to concentrate with all that giggling I bet. :)
Great job Brady!!
Post a Comment