Those who know Cory know he just doesn't like attention. Even this post is pushing it, but it was his birthday! (I have to do an occasional Cory post to show that he does exist, even though it is behind the scenes.)
The kids and I brought this cake and appropriate candles to his office last week to celebrate with him. The other doctors and staff humored us by helping us sing. Cory was pretty uncomfortable (that smile was really forced), but at least I didn't bring a party hat, right?
Cory is a funny guy, funny in that he and I are so different. When we have dinner guests we sit strategically so he can be busy helping the kids while I make conversation.
Cory messes up clichés like you wouldn't believe. He must get it from his mom because she does the same thing. Here are some of my favorites:
"whatever rocks you boat"
"right off the back"
Cory: Maybe you belong in a loony house.
Jess: It's a nut house and a loony bin.
Cory: Sounds like you know a lot about it.
You'd think he would just stop using them, but he still tries and it makes me laugh every time.
The other night he couldn't find the DVR remote. Wow, don't mess with my man's remote. He was storming around, stomping up and down the stairs, and turning the house upside down. He thought I hid it from him and threatened that I wouldn't be able to watch "his" TV anymore. As it turns out, it was under the blanket on the ottoman where it usually is. He laughed about the incident later, but I guess if he hadn't I wouldn't be posting about it.
Cory gets tired earlier than most men in their early 30's. He has always been a morning person, which he gets from his dad. At night he always says, "I just need to be horizontal." That phrase is so funny to me.
Speaking of being in bed (this is not going to be as juicy as it sounds), the two phrases he uses most are "turn off the light" and "tuck in my neck."
So he probably thought his birthday was pretty lame, but we did go out to Lone Star for dinner and gorged ourselves on a three-course meal. I loved his birthday, and I can't wait to do it again next year. Maybe he will decide to take the day off work.
8 comments:
Happy Birthday Cory! Take the day off work, ha! I don't envision John ever doing that. :) Cory was a pretty good sport about you bringing cake to work...I think John would possibly die if I did that!
I am a huge Cory fan, he can always make me laugh...especially with the way you two interact!
So, you loved his birthday, but the question is, did he?
Thanks, Captain Obvious.
Hey Cory,
Happy birthday! Late, but I was out of the country with limited access to email/phone, etc. That is my excuse anyways. Come visit sometime.
I love the Cory-isms.
Oh, how I love this post. Happy birthday, Kent! Tom and I have especially gotten a kick out of "tuck my neck in." Jessica, if you ever feel comically under-appreciated, realize that you CRACK me up!! I seriously just love you! You and Cory are so different, but absolutely perfect together.
I laughed so hard at this post. LOVED it!! Happy Birthday Cory!
Post a Comment