Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter 2011

My friend Lacey put on a fun run and Easter egg hunt charity event to raise awareness for the women in the Democratic Republic of Congo Saturday. Brady said multiple times that it was "the best Easter egg hunt ever," so great job Lacey!
We went to a conference for our church Sunday where one of our apostles, Elder Perry, spoke. After lunch we did a lesson that reminded Brady of the last days of Christ's life and His resurrection using Easter eggs.

The kids took naps, and then they each got their own egg hunt here in the house. I'm not sure if Brady had more fun finding the eggs we hid for him, or hiding eggs for Brooke and helping her find them.
We usually don't do Easter gifts, but I thought it would be fun this year. Brady wasn't fooled by the Sponge Bob pj's. I think he remembered us getting those before Christmas. They were a little big and he already had too many Christmas presents.
Cory got three compliments on this shirt last week. Ah yeah.
Some friends from church invited us over for a traditional ham dinner with homemade crescent rolls and deviled eggs. It was delicious!
Just a warning, this video is 6 minutes long, but it's a great look into our happy little lives.
I'm so grateful for Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for me and my family. This Easter was a wonderful opportunity to honor Him, and to teach Brady that we will live again after we die because of our Savior.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

So cute, Jess. You have such a happy family! I love how calm it all is...not like around here! :) I loved all of Brady's enthusiasm.

Diane said...

You look gorgeous!! I am glad you had such a great Easter!