Sunday, March 20, 2011

Going Back to Cali: Last Day

I can't begin to describe the beauty of the Arroyo Seco area of Pasadena, but this shot shows the rolling hills covered with trees. On the last day of our trip, I remembered why people live in LA. Some parts of it are just breathtakingly beautiful!
Diane is a swim coach at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, and she had a swim meet our last morning there. After Andrew treated us to breakfast at Einstein's, we drove over to this beautiful part of town where the Rose Bowl is located. There's a brand new park right behind the aquatics center, so that's where we spent our morning.
I love the rubber mat under the equipment. It's so much better than wood chips or sand. Gag, I HATE sand.
I had never seen a baby swing like this before, but what little kid wouldn't love it?
This was one of those spinning seats, and Brady entertained us by spinning then trying to walk straight.
We couldn't resist letting Brooke give it a try.
And if you're wondering what kid actually likes this toy...it's a 16-month-old girl, and it was her favorite.
We said our good-byes and headed to LAX. Thankfully our flight was pretty empty, so we had all six seats across to ourselves. It took us 30 minutes to drive home, just the way we like it. We enjoyed a little taste of spring, and we look forward to more of it in the next couple months.

5 comments:

Becca said...

I got a kick out of watching you let Brady holler for a while.

The Higginbothams said...

Way to be the first to comment Becca. You beat Jenna this time!

Jenna said...

oh man, I was close! That video is priceless, I loved it. And Natalie loves those rocker animal things too. What a great trip for you guys!

Diane said...

I love that picture of Cory and Andrew just chillin on the bench. We miss you guys! Come back!

The Dials said...

What a fun trip! So many fun memories over there.