Saturday, March 12, 2011

Brady is Reading

Brady is really catching on when it comes to reading. I have been teaching him with the book Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. Thanks for the recommendation Becca! In each lesson he reviews letter sounds, rhymes with them, reads a few words, sometimes reads a story, and then there is a writing activity at the end. He prefers to skip the writing activity though. His fine motor skills are definitely not his strength, but I had to get this shot of him holding the pencil correctly in deep concentration.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

so great! It's fun to see them catching on so quickly, especially when they really love it!

Jenna said...

I forgot I wanted to tell you the book I used when Cyrena was starting out--
The Reading Lesson by Michael Levin I really liked it and it's easy to use.

Erica said...

We just started this book too! I really like how the lessons are set up. I love that she is well on her way to reading, it's a great feeling as a parent