Saturday, November 21, 2009

"Thanks for Dinner"

I like to cook, but I didn't know what to expect after having Brooke. I figured dinner time would be hectic trying to keep Brady occupied and Brooke fed and happy. We had three meals brought in right after we got home from the hospital. That is pretty typical in the Church, but the kindness of people we hadn't even met before really impressed us.
Then my mom came for 11 days and helped with dinner and dishes every night. That was easy to get used to, and I wondered what I'd do when she left. Don't think I didn't plan meals that would provide plenty leftovers, but leftovers don't last forever.
I suspected we would eat simple meals like spaghetti and tacos for a while, but I have happily surpassed my expectations. The last three nights I've made Beef Stroganoff, Chicken Breast Supreme and meatloaf. Brady was especially happy with the meatloaf tonight and told me at least four times, "This is really yummy" or "Thanks for dinner." Cory said he's a guy's guy, he likes his meat.
I'm sure Brooke's eating schedule will soon change and she'll want to be held more. Until then I'm going to make more meals with leftovers. Mom, don't think I don't miss you!
You can pretty much plan to see a picture of Brooke in every post for the next while. What else would I take pictures of? Meatloaf isn't this cute.

3 comments:

The Ortega Family said...

making dinner is so hard now. If its something that can be cooked in the oven I'm fine...since Xavier is usually asleep about an hour before dinner time. But if I need to be at the stove forget it! Santiago use to come home to dinner at the table, now he has to wait. Poor guy :( Brooke is a cutie! Its so cool how she defintely looks like a combo of you two!

Dad H said...

You are spoiling Cory. Oh well just like his Dad.

Jenna said...

Way to go! There's something to be said for 'super mommy hormones' Don't feel guilty if you feel them dip in the next couple weeks! It's amazing how just being able to make dinner can make you feel so accomplished you know?