Thursday, November 19, 2009

Baby Faces

I've realized that the same baby can look so different depending on the angle of the photo and whether her eyes are opened or closed. Here are a few different photos of this girl, which might give you a better idea of what she looks like.
At her two-week check-up Tuesday she weighed 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. which means she's already gained more than a pound. She was 20 1/4 inches at birth and now she's 21 inches. Her weight was 81%, length 75% and her head was 54%. I guess her average-sized head made her delivery easy, which must have prevented the cone-head look.
She is breastfeeding very well and the pain has subsided a bit in that area. My mom detected some thrush in her cheek, but I got a perscription right away and hopefully nipped it in the bud. We lucked out again with another baby who doesn't spit up. She spit up once in the hospital, and I did detect a little white on her lips after a juicy burp today, but otherwise, she's keeping it down.
It seems that Brady has adjusted to having a baby around, but now he's missing his grandma. He gets concerned when she cries and asks, "What's her problem?" Last night he was talking to my sister on the phone. She asked him about Brooke and he told her all she does is sleep, cry and drink her milk. Yep, that's a newborn for you.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

She's really cute! We got your announcement today, also very cute. Glad things are going well!

The Dials said...

She is adorable! Looks like Brady is enjoying being a big brother.

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful!

Dave and Ashley Blackhurst said...

She looks like Brady to me! Very cute pics

Tiffany said...

She is adorable!! I hope all are adujsting well.....it sounds like you are! And Happy Late Birthday!

Bacchus Family said...

I'm glad everything is going well. Have a great Thanksgiving.