Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween Happened?

Yes, we actually did enjoy Halloween this year with three different events. The leasing office hosted a lunch and party for the kids. My mom always made soup (first split pea but then she went to chili after a couple years of complaints) for dinner before we went out to trick-or-treat, and I've carried on the tradition. I made Tuscan Sausage and Bean Soup with homemade breadsticks that didn't rise. After dinner we went to a golf course community to trick-or-treat. I had decided on that neighborhood the first time we drove by it. We were out for an hour and got some great exercise with long driveways and some uphill climbs. I had no idea we'd be here when I bought Brady's costume on clearance last year. It worked out well since it was a cool windy night.

I actually took this one after the ward Trunk-or-Treat. That's the only way I accepted caramel popcorn. Come to think of it, I ate it all anyway.

This is what Brooke looks like today. I couldn't resist posting it. Thanks for the cute outfit Terra.

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Jess-props for the bow, you gotta start her out early and keep it on her every day...now Kali won't even leave the house without a bow on, a blessing and a curse..=)

Ash said...

Jess she is beautiful! She looks so much like Brady it is darling. We sure miss you guys and are so sad that we never got to meet little Brookie, but she is beautiful and we are so happy for you!

M & J Bowerbank said...

COngratulations. She is so adorable. Glad you didnt have to have a C section.

Tiffany said...

Such cuties!! Nate was Cookie Monster that would have gone wih Brady's costume well. Brooke is so gorgeous!

Diane said...

LOVE the bow! She is adorable. I feel like she looks like Brady did when he was a baby. Do you have pictures you can compare? Brady looks great in his costume too.

Trotts said...

Okay in the first picture I saw the resemblance to Brady, then the resemblance to you in the second that you posted. Now I can't decide who she looks like in this one. This is a fun game.

Jenna said...

Brady looks great! No wonder you water broke the next morning with all the walking!! Way to go! Brook looks adorable. I'm putting a package in the mail tomorrow for you.