Blog posts are going to be pretty infrequent for the next little while. It's about the last thing I have time for. My house is cluttered with baby blankets, jackets, and poopy baby clothes that are crying for the toothbrush. (Get a little soap on an old toothbrush and it's sure to take care of those yellow poop stains.) Thank goodness my mom is here to do the dishes or my kitchen would also be a disaster.
Thanks to all for the birthday wishes. Cory happened to have the day off so that was nice. My mom made one of my favorite breakfasts, French Toast. Then she and I went to the mall and I got a pair of shoes. Then my gal pal Rachel, a freshman roommate who lives in the area, came over and brought some delicious birthday brownies. During the kids' naps the three of us played Hand and Foot, my latest favorite card game. Cory rarely plays more than three rounds of any game, but since it was my birthday I convinced him to play FIVE. What a treat that was! Later my mom stayed home with the kids while Cory and I went to Uno Chicago Grill and Bar for a delicious dinner where we shared The Works deep dish pizza and a steak and shrimp platter. Yummy! On the way home we stopped at Bed Bath and Beyond and bought a digital scale. I know, what a birthday present, but I really wanted one. I've been using an old school scale for years, and now that I'm losing this baby weight, I really want some accuracy.
These beautiful gerbera daisies were sent to me from Leesa and Tim, my very thoughtful sister and brother-in-law.
So that was my birthday in a nutshell. It was nice to go out with Cory since we rarely do that. I got to hear all about how his job is going, which he likes so far. I realized we need to have more dates because I really enjoyed our uninterrupted conversation. Too bad I'm just now figuring this out with a new baby in the family. I guess we'll have to shoot for a date once a month and see if it happens. There are more pictures and updates about Brooke to come. Her two-week check up is Tuesday.

2 comments:
Happy Birthday late. ALready a scale, way to go!! You look great!
We bought a digital scale last week also...how ironic! Im glad you went out on a date! How nice to get out of the house after just having a baby. Hope you're enjoying the snow!
Post a Comment