Thursday, October 1, 2009

More Brady

I figure I should post these pictures now before this blog becomes dedicated to #2. Who knows, maybe Brady will still be able to compete for camera time.
This shot is not only proof that our fridge was in fact in our living room, but to show some of the fun things Brady has found to entertain himself. I believe I had a similar post last time we moved, but this time it's Cory's roller blades, a bicycle tire pump, and stickers from Rock Band.
Cory has managed to pass on his tradition of Sunday night popcorn to Brady. Look at him shoveling it in with both hands.

Brady went to his first friend birthday party Monday. He told me they ate "goldfishies, pretzels and cake." They made bracelets (wrist bands, right?) and played twister and other games. He got this little dog and fruit snacks as a party favor. I had planned to stay, but none of the other parents did so I ran to Walmart, Target and the gas station. What a productive way to spend an hour and a half of free babysitting. I really like this birthday party idea.

Tuesday was a fabulous day because the high was just 72 degrees. It was a chance to get out pants, long-sleeved shirts and even a jacket for Brady. Today will be about 86 degrees. I don't want to jinx this, but I believe fall is finally upon us. We may actually get a couple weeks of my favorite season before we hit winter. I've heard reports that it's already snowed in parts of Colorado.

Oh, and while I planned to dedicate this post to Brady, I thought I should add that after three short weeks of pretty intense potty training, Brady is now trained. He has been wearing underwear for more than a month now and even during naps the past few days. He still wears a diaper at night, but that's fine for now since I still have a couple packs left. I'm thinking Pull-Ups will be appropriate for our trip, but otherwise it's all underwear from here on out. Soon it will be newborn diapers and wiping a girl (that's going to be weird) but I'll enjoy this diaper-free time while it lasts.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Being diaper free is awesome isn't it?? I'm so glad I didn't have to do double duty when Alex was born! :)

Brooke said...

He's so big!

I'm not sure I have an email for you anymore but I wanted to tell you that you should probably look into CO chain laws before you move. I know it's snowy up there and they have laws Sept-May, if I remember correctly! Good luck with your move and getting settled before #2 comes!

Jenna said...

Great pictures. Birthday parties are awesome for the kids to get dropped off and give you some free time!