Two weeks after my baby shower I hosted one for Skye. Her sisters-in-law were awesome to help and everything went well. Skye is due three weeks after me and I'm sad we won't be able to hang out with our baby girls.
My sweet tooth demands that if I get to choose what to make it will be a dessert. In this case it was two desserts and I think they turned out well. Both ideas I got from a shower I attended in August. This fruit pizza is apparently my sister Leesa's specialty and it's definitely a winner. If you haven't made it you should. It's just cream cheese and whipped topping spread over baked sugar cookie dough. Then you add whatever fruit you want on top.
The pink cupcakes were just white cake with cream cheese frosting. (Those are just chocolate chips on top.) The brown were cream-filled chocolate cupcakes with ganache. I know, a little messy for a baby shower, but from what I observed, the ladies managed with just one napkin. You bet I was watching!
I always love a chance to decorate cupcakes, but now I'm looking forward to baking with pumpkin, squash, apples and all the foods that remind me of my favorite season.


1 comment:
Gorgeous cupcakes!! Looks like a fun shower. Fall is grand and I can't wait to smell pumpkin baking!
Post a Comment