Monday, September 28, 2009

Baby Shower

My dear friend Skye threw me a baby shower a couple weeks ago. She's there on the couch, the only one looking at the camera. I got lots of cute girly things like these cute little pink suede boots from my friend Tracy. Our daughter will definitely be stylin.

I ended up putting most of the items back in their gift bags, so when I got home Brady got to open them all over again. This time I made sure he understood they are for the baby, and no, those cute little crocheted booties will not fit his feet.
My baby shower was the same day Cory was in Colorado sealing the deal on the partnership and finding us an apartment. I was sitting there wondering if I really would be able to use some of the gifts from my friends like newborn photos and baby announcements. Boo hoo. I really felt bad to learn that all these friends won't even get to see my baby except through pictures on here, or on a trip to Denver sometime...hint hint.
Once Brady re-opened all the gifts, we put them up for display on the couch so Cory could see everything the next day. Okay, so it was more fun for me, but Cory was nice to act interested when I showed him everything. Guys just don't appreciate the exciting things in life.

Now it's all packed up in boxes. I can't wait to get everything out, wash and organize it all. That's probably where my unpacking process will begin.

Thanks to all you sweet ladies who came to my shower. It was a lot of fun and I hope you don't feel too jipped that I'm taking this pregnant belly and hitting the road.

3 comments:

The Ortega Family said...

I can just picture Cory looking at all the clothes and I can't help but laugh! I'm sure the first room to be organized in your new apartment will be the nursery. One more month...yay!!

Stephanie said...

Those baby announcements and photo albums won't be wasted on me!!!!! Brady has turned into just about the cutest kid I've ever seen...can't wait to see the girl version! SOON!

Jenna said...

I'm so glad you had a great shower! I know you will be so missed by the women in Rocklin!