Monday, October 12, 2009

This is it

This is our last post as Californians. We will now be knowns as Coloradoans. That's right. I hadn't heard of it either. The moving company is loading the truck tomorrow morning. We're not cleaning this place. No way. We're going to load our cars with suitcases and a few valuable items, the few valuable items that we actually own. Then we're going to hit the road. The plan is to stay in Elko, NV tomorrow night, 6 hours from here. You've probably only heard of it if you've traveled between Utah and Northern California multiple times. Wednesday morning we'll drive another 4 hours to Utah County where we'll stay at my mom's through Friday morning. My dear sister Leesa will help us make the 7-hour drive to Fort Collins, CO where we'll spend the night (and maybe the weekend depending on the moving company) at my sister Becca's house. You should see another post sometime after that, once we've unpacked the camera cord. I'm going to try to document this little adventure of ours.
As for a baby update, many of you have expressed concern about us moving this close to my due date. I have taken a few precautions. I have all the necessary paperwork from my OB to give to any hospital along the way. I've got my hospital bag packed and in the car. I've also got the infant car seat in the car and ready to go. See, I'm prepared.
I had my 37-week appointment last week and learned that her head is down and I'm dilated to a 1/2 or a 1! That really got my hopes up for a VBAC considering it was "long and closed" all through my induction with Brady. I've got my next appointment set up for October 21 when I'll be 39 weeks. I have faith that I'll make it to that appointment. Well, I won't be surprised if she waits until November to make her appearance, but I'm definitely not concerned that she'll arrive before we get to our destination.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Hope everything goes well with the move!

Rachel B. said...

Yippy! PLEASE call me when things are settled or if you need help with anything! That's perfect that you're splitting it up so much. See you soon!

Bacchus Family said...

That was fast. I'm sorry I didn't get to say good-bye on Sunday. Good luck with the drive and good luck with everything in Colorado.

Jenna said...

Good luck! I'll be thinking of you. And I wasn't worried at all about you being prepared, you're amazing! I can't wait to hear all about the move. If you get bored while driving, call me!