3 points for you if you can guess which state flag this is...That's right, we're moving to Colorado and we couldn't be more excited. Well, I think I could only be more excited if I didn't have to drive across three states 8 months pregnant, and if we were going in the spring after one more California winter. At least we won't have to deal with a crying baby on this trip.
Cory is joining a partnership in a suburb northwest of Denver. He managed to settle things there and find us an apartment in his short stay. He starts working early November and we are headed out in just three short weeks. There is a lot to do, but our enthusiasm will hopefully give us the drive to get it all done in time.
We will definitely miss our ward and all the friends we will be leaving behind. It's going to be tough being so far away from Cory's family as we've enjoyed that luxury for the last five years. There isn't much else I will miss about living here, and I think I made that clear in a previous post.
We look forward to living near Becca and her family in Fort Collins. We look forward to paying 5% less in state taxes and spending a lot less on flights to Utah. This new job opportunity will get us into a house and settled into life a lot sooner. I can't speak for Cory here, but I'm excited for seasons and don't mind the snow. We will have a fireplace and actually use it! I'll be especially grateful for mild summers where I might actually wear my hair down between the months of May and August. I could go on and on but I'll stop there.
We will have lived here just a year and four months, but look at all the things we're donating.
A move is definitely motivation to get rid of the things you don't use or wear. After 11 years of collecting dust, Cory's letterman jacket is finally staying behind (and none of you better try to convince him to keep it!).
He made me get rid of my sticker book and beloved orange chair before our last move. It's time he sacrifices. For any of you who knew or cared, we were able to sell our fridge Monday to a nice young couple moving into a house. It was sad to part with it, but the pain was dulled since it sat in our living room the previous 2 weeks.


17 comments:
Wow! Congratulations! After moving AFTER a baby, I can say that I think you made the right choice to move BEFORE :)
Exciting times!
Yay, now we can talk about it. :) I'm so excited for you. I keep telling David to look into positions in Colorado.... You're making me want to pretend we're moving so we can get rid of junk!! The Letterman jacket kills me...good job getting him to give it up. :)
Wow, big news! Congrats to Cory on the new job and everything sounds great. Good luck in the next few weeks!
I'm sad to see you go, but I hope things will work out great in Colorado. I'll try to send some sunshine your way if you ever get tired of the snow.
And you forgot to mention that you were going to be moving right by your favorite roommate of all time! haha. Can't wait to see you. Let us know if you need help moving in/watching the little guy or whatever else.
Pretty crazy you guys are moving! I hope things go well for you and you aren't too uncomfy on the drive :) It kinda makes me sad about the Letterman jacket...I don't think I'll ever give mine up! :)
I was shocked when Jared broke the news to me this Sunday. Congrats. What an exciting time for you guys!
I think I have a friend living in Fort Collins....you will have to get together with her!
cory, Do not get rid of the jacket. I never had one but I am sure your kids and your grandkids would like to have it in the future. A chair is one thing, but your HS letterman jacket is something I worth keeping. How much space is it going to take up anyways? I mean really. C'mon.
Congrats! My dad lives in Arvada (10 mi NW of Denver or so). I guess we'll have to plan another trip out there so we can visit yet MORE Pasadena friends who've moved to the state (like Eva Hirt and the Fresh family, etc.)
We love Colorado! Yay for you! And by the way, it snowed on Monday. Ha! Good luck! :)
Although I didn't keep my letter jacket, take the letters off and save those. They don't take up as much space and can go in with any other old stuff that sits in a box, like diplomas, old pictures, etc. It's family history without having a jacket that no one will ever wear taking up space in a closet.
Congratulations! That is so exciting! Good luck with the move!
We're happy for you! Colorado seems like such a fun place to live (minus the winter)...winter anywhere kind of sucks, in my opinion. Sounds like it will be a good thing for you guys.
Congratulations on the new job and move!! We absolutely love Colorado. We'll have to get together again once you guys get settled in and have the baby.
I am so sad, but I keep foloowing and miss you every sunday... and brady too!
How Exciting!!!! :D My sister is in West Minster and previously lived in Boulder for 6 or 7 years. She LOVES colorado! The winters really aren't that bad. The snow doesn't stick around, and the days, though cold, are pleasant. :) We wish you all the best and hope we hear from you on how things are and of course your new little one. :D Hugs!
We are super excited for you guys! It give us an excuse to go visit another state :) So I have to say: moving to colorado, PLUS; selling your old fridge, PLUS; getting rid of junk, PLUS; having Cory get rid of jacket, NEGATIVE! you should totally keep it, not cuz Cory will wear it again, but for brady and any future kids!! It will be vintage by then :)
-santiago-
Post a Comment