Friday, September 4, 2009

Another Cousin

Not only did we get to meet Asher for the first time on our trip to Colorado, we also got to meet our brand new neice/cousin Avery.

This was taken the day Shane and Terra (the sister just younger than me) brought her home from the hospital. Isn't she beautiful? She's got dark skin and plenty of dark hair like her oldest brother did when he was born. She was only about two weeks old when we were there and she was an angel. She basically just ate and slept.

Being around her made it more real that I'm having a baby girl soon. I just hope she's as good as Avery. I don't know how much Brady understands, but he was definitely excited to get a chance to hold Avery. Of course it won't be so fun once our baby is taking a lot of the attention away from him. We caught her at a rare moment when her eyes were open.

This is baby number 2 of 5 coming in our family within about four months.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

who else is having babies? I think Avery looks so much like Cole! And yes you will LOVE having a girl!

David Mills said...

HA! Proof you can hold someone else's baby!

Ashley

Jenna said...

She looks like such a little sweetheart! I'm so glad you got to see her.