The only real issue we've had is his fear of pooping on the potty. I know that happens a lot and this kid is no exception. I put one of our camping chairs in the bathroom (there's no way I can squat at this point) and he sat on the toilet for 20 minutes without pooping. The kid is resilient. After probably holding it in all day, he finally went tonight. Cory sat him on the toilet with this magazine advertising toys for a dental office, and after 10 to 15 minutes, he pooped! After he ate his sucker, the reward, he hid in his room and finished his nasty business in his underwear. I sure wonder how women ever dealt with cloth diapers. I'm so tired of cleaning poop out of underwear and off the carpet! He made a giant leap tonight so I hope he has more confidence now. We're hoping to get this boy trained before we start all over again with newborn diapers. Wish us luck!
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Potty Training in Progress
I put off potty training until we came home from our vacation, but now it's in full swing. Being a first-time potty trainer, I have felt quite intimidated by this daunting task. We have stuck to the plan and so far Brady is doing pretty well. We started Thursday, and he now understands the concept of holding it until he's on the potty. He still doesn't tell me when he has to go though. I've just been taking him about every hour and asking him a lot in between. If he does pee in his underwear he stops it and we run to the bathroom.
The only real issue we've had is his fear of pooping on the potty. I know that happens a lot and this kid is no exception. I put one of our camping chairs in the bathroom (there's no way I can squat at this point) and he sat on the toilet for 20 minutes without pooping. The kid is resilient. After probably holding it in all day, he finally went tonight. Cory sat him on the toilet with this magazine advertising toys for a dental office, and after 10 to 15 minutes, he pooped! After he ate his sucker, the reward, he hid in his room and finished his nasty business in his underwear. I sure wonder how women ever dealt with cloth diapers. I'm so tired of cleaning poop out of underwear and off the carpet! He made a giant leap tonight so I hope he has more confidence now. We're hoping to get this boy trained before we start all over again with newborn diapers. Wish us luck!
The only real issue we've had is his fear of pooping on the potty. I know that happens a lot and this kid is no exception. I put one of our camping chairs in the bathroom (there's no way I can squat at this point) and he sat on the toilet for 20 minutes without pooping. The kid is resilient. After probably holding it in all day, he finally went tonight. Cory sat him on the toilet with this magazine advertising toys for a dental office, and after 10 to 15 minutes, he pooped! After he ate his sucker, the reward, he hid in his room and finished his nasty business in his underwear. I sure wonder how women ever dealt with cloth diapers. I'm so tired of cleaning poop out of underwear and off the carpet! He made a giant leap tonight so I hope he has more confidence now. We're hoping to get this boy trained before we start all over again with newborn diapers. Wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Is that a pic of Brady? Love it!! I am so glad I am done with those days of potty training, at least you are getting it done before baby #2 comes along!
Oh potty training is such an adventure! And yeah, you'll be so glad to have this done before baby sister comes. It sounds like he's doing awesome!! He'll get it in no time.
good luck! I attempted one day of nakedness (Isaiah)...but it was just too much on me always making sure I was by his side...bending up and down from the potty. So...maybe I will just put up with buying two sets of diapers.
Post a Comment