Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween Festivities

There is a neighboring town here called Lincoln that does trick-or-treating along their main street the day before Halloween. It's about four blocks of quaint little shops and restaurants, and I was reminded of main street in Pleasant Grove, Utah where I grew up. I went with my friend Tiffany, who is from Lincoln, and her two little boys. I regret not taking my camera, but the town (sponsored by the chamber of commerce, I believe) gave each family a free glossy photo from their outdoor portrait studio. I was glad we got there before it started to rain. We had a great time and you can guess where I plan to be October 30, 2009.

Friday morning I woke up at 6:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. Maybe that's normal for you, but we usually don't wake up for another hour. This gave me time to go run on the treadmill before Cory had to leave for work. I was glad to get to the gym that morning, considering my plans to make sugar cookies. I did not involve Brady in the cookie making or decorating. What a mean mom I am. I really don't think he cared, and it would have just made a big mess. Not worth it, but maybe next year. He sure enjoyed eating them and that's what matters, right?

I took Brady trick-or-treating around the apartments here. Those who were giving out candy were supposed to post a pumpkin on their door. Sadly, they didn't see a lot of trick-or-treaters, and we didn't see that many pumpkins on doors. Mostly people would bend down and let Brady pick the candy out of the bowl. He would grab a big handful and put it in his bag. He's still young enough that it was cute. Instead of saying "thank you" when prompted, he would frequently reach out and ask more? which cracked me up. He couldn't get trick-or-treat down, but he mastered the word treat.

Here are more pictures of my cute little kitty. He looked in the mirror and was surprised at what a cute cat he made. One guy told me she could have another piece of candy because she was such a cute little cat. I just said thanks. I guess some people think all cats are female.

6 comments:

Scot said...

By planning Oct 30, 2009, don't you mean Colorado? ;)

Diane said...

The cookies look delicious and Brady looks adorable!

Becca said...

Riley and her little friend Anna (the monkey) both got called "little boy" at a couple of doors. We didn't bother to correct anyone. "You're giving us candy? Call our daughter whatever you want."

M & J Bowerbank said...

Cute cat! The cookies look good too.

Chelsea said...

That's a cute little cat you guys have :) And how funny that you found another link to the other Monson family. It's definitely a small world...
Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

Brady looked sooo cute, no wonder she thought he was a girl.