My low-carb chili recipe came in second place, so I thought I'd post the prize-winning recipe in case you wanted to try it. I got the recipe from the Curves Member Guide.
White Chili
Prep time: 50 minutes
1 small onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
2 cloves minced garlic
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Jalapeño pepper, minced (wear gloves when handling Jalapeños)
4 ounce can chopped green chiles, drained
1 teaspoon powdered cumin
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups chicken broth
2/3 cup cooked white beans, rinsed and drained
8 ounces cooked chicken breast, cubed (about 2 cups)
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil in soup pot until tender. Add Jalapeño, chiles, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, and salt, and sauté another minute. Stir in chicken broth, beans, and chicken. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Stir in cilantro and cheese and serve. Makes 3 (1 1/3 cup) servings.
Per serving: Calories: 300, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Protein: 25g, Carbohydrates: 19g, Fiber: 4g, Cholesterol: 13mg, Sodium: 1139mg

5 comments:
Very cute. And congratulations on the chili!
Brady makes a darling cat!!! I will miss trick-or-treating with him this year.
Looks tasty, congrats on coming in 2nd! We've got out party tonight. Brady looks great as well!
June's going to be a little kitty too, how cute is that. Too bad Brady isn't here for some great picture opps! :(
Congrats on winning the chili cook off! I didn't get to try your chili so thanks for posting the receipe :)
Post a Comment