Brady and I went to Kaiser and got our flu shots the other day. I was told to bring him back in a month for his booster shot. I had forgotten about that last year and complained to Becca about it. She said, and I read it online to confirm, that children aged 6 months through 8 years old who are getting their first flu vaccine will need to get a booster shot one month after their first shot. Apparently he doesn't need it since he got it last year. Maybe I'm the only mother who didn't already know that, but I thought I'd pass along the information anyway.
Another tip for parents with toddlers: WD-40 works well for getting crayon off walls. I dealt with this for the first time earlier this week. This was a tip I found online. It even worked on my textured walls without smearing the blue crayon or damaging the paint. Just make sure to wipe the wall with a wet paper towel afterward to get rid of the lubricant. Wikipedia says that WD-40 "displaces crayon and ink from LCD Computer & TV Displays." Good to know because that might be an issue in the future.
2 comments:
Did I ever tell you that one of my swim coaches had me rub WD-40 on my shoulders every night? He heard that it would help them. It didn't. It's amazing stuff, just not that amazing!
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are pretty great for getting all kinds of things off all kinds of surfaces. They really are magic!
Post a Comment