Thursday, May 3, 2012

2nd Trimester

I'm in my second trimester, 21 weeks, so I'm feeling more productive.  A month or two ago I only looked forward to taking a nap while my kids were in their rooms in the afternoon.  Now I've got some energy back, and I can't remember the last time I took a nap.  (It helps that I get 8 1/2 to 9 hours of solid sleep each night.)  I am posting this mid-pregnancy profile shot upon request.  I'm huge already.  I've got a sweet tooth that won't be denied, and I've already gained 20 pounds!  I've been trying to eat a bowl of cereal at night rather than ice cream, but I don't think that's helping.  I'll never be able to wear stripes again.
As for the rest of my pregnancy, no complaints.  I have continued my daily workout routines switching off between elliptical and Insanity.  I just noticed today that the Cardio Power and Resistance workout is getting more difficult.  I still don't have a bladder issue with all the jumping (thank goodness!) but even the warm-up seemed harder.  It may be the fact that our basement is warmer so I'm getting hotter faster.  I'm sure it's quite a sight, so if anyone wants to come over and fan me, I'd be happy to provide you with some entertainment.
 I just finished this rag quilt for Colin last night, and it only took me 11 days.  I can't remember how long it took me to make Brooke's a couple years ago, but probably close to a month.  This is not a twin size like Brooke's though, and that batting isn't as thick.  It's about 36" x 54" so he'll be able to use it for quite a while.  And if he doesn't want to, too bad, I'll force him to like it!  I was so happy to find these coordinating colors at JoAnn, and I've got some extra flannel to make a pillow case and some wall decorations as well.  
Speaking of decorating, Brady has been begging me for some decorations in his room.  I am not one to decorate bedrooms, so it's no surprise that he had to ask me.  I reminded him that he and Brooke will be sharing his room soon (July 1 - I've got a plan), so it will be gender-neutral.  He just wants some pictures on his wall, he said, so I'm making a collage with pictures of them together, and a few with the family.  After I get this blog up-to-date, that's the next project to tackle.  Nobody's going to pin it, but it'll suffice.

Also on my list:
Register Brady for Kindergarten
Purchase a dresser for Colin's room
Finish our 2011 family video
Get Cory to commit to Water World season passes
Get Cory to commit to calling our son Colin
Organize Brooke's clothes
Give up on finding a grandfather clock and put something on that dining room wall
Pack for our overnight stay in Boulder next week
Keep my feet up because my ankles are already starting to swell

5 comments:

Rachel B. said...

You look super cute! You always do. I'm amazed that you're still doing all your workout routines. Impressive! As I was reading this, I kept thinking how you must have convinced Cory on the name Colin. So it made me laugh to see that you're still working on him. Great job on the quilt! I never get projects done that quickly.

Diane said...

I didn't know you had chosen a name!! Love it! You look great and the quilt is adorable! Great job!!

Liesel said...

Jessica, you are not big, you are pregnant and perfect. 20 lbs. is not that bad and believe me it sure beats the alternative of being too sick and losing weight. I don't know if that makes you feel any better, but just think about that. I LOVE the name Colin! Cute quilt!

Trotts said...

Colin! Cute! Tell everyone else to call him Colin, maybe that will help. I will!

Jenna said...

I loved reading all the update--I've been a bit behind! You look adorable and I can't believe you made a quilt already! Our 3rd didn't get much in the way of homemade by mom stuff...poor Anna. :) Hang in there, you look great and I'm always amazed by how much you get accomplished!