Friday, May 4, 2012

Family for Easter

 I made the whole ham dinner for Easter this year.  My sister Terra drove with her kids from Glenwood Springs, where they'd stayed for the weekend, Sunday afternoon.  I'd made these Orange Rolls, a family favorite and recipe of my grandma's, the day before.  I'd also made the green bean casserole and yummy potatoes ahead of time.  I tried out the "delay start" function on my oven, and thankfully it worked.  We came home from church at 4:15 to a house smelling of ham.
This coconut cake turned out great!
These two had fun dressing up.  The Spiderman costume is a size 4, but 7-year-old Cole didn't seem to mind.  It didn't prevent him from posing like a natural.
 Here are most of the grandkids on my side of the family.  Since my nephew's adoption hasn't been finalized, I can't post his name or photo on my public blog.  But his finalization is coming up and he'll be sealed to his parents on May 19!
 The kids were sick for a few days.  Ramen noodles are always a favorite, and for the first time ever, Brady drank soda.  He's tasted it a few times, pulled a face, and declared he doesn't like soda.  We never pushed it because that seemed pretty absurd.  But he really enjoyed this Ginger ale, and now he's so happy that he likes one kind of soda.
 Sometimes Cory just wants to have some space when he's home.  Unfortunately for him, that rarely happens.  If Brady's around he attaches himself to Cory and begs to play outside or Xbox.  I think he's a pretty typical first child.  Thankfully he knows I'm not going to entertain him all day, so he's given up on me.

3 comments:

Ann said...

I am amazed at your energy, cooking all of that food!! Good for you! :)

Diane said...

Those rolls look amazing!! Also, it makes me happy that you feed your kids ramen, because Gavin loves it and I always feel a little guilty giving it to him!

Reary Family said...

we had so much fun, thanks for letting us stay. It was only a few days ago that Caleb asked if we could go play at Jess's house. I wish.