Okay, I really don't have a million posts about my birthday. Just a couple. My birthday was Friday, but as I mentioned in this post, Thursday was the grand opening of H&M in Denver.
I talked Cory into going downtown (30 minutes away) and checking out the new store as a family. We got down there at noon thinking it had opened at 10am. Just as we were discovering how long the line to get in actually was, the DJ announced, "H&M Denver is now open!" No wonder the line was so long. We decided to eat lunch nearby at Corner Bakery. I ate a chicken panini and tomato basil soup, my current favorite. We got in line at 1pm and let the kids color/eat/dance as we waited. The DJ played some good songs, and he interviewed a former Project Runway contestant. Then Gap models walked the runway in the latest fall fashions. It was cool to see the evening anchorwoman from the local NBC affiliate there covering the excitement.
We got a $10 off $50 coupon as we entered the store around 2:00. At first I was pushing Brooke in the stroller, but then I saw Cory and he took over stroller duty since he wasn't really shopping anyway. After a while I found them in a relatively quiet corner upstairs. Cory motioned me over and said he was "this close," with his fingers, to losing it. I said fine, I'll go try this stuff on, but I quickly realized it would probably take 30 minutes to get a fitting room. Instead, I made my way back to the family and tried things on over my clothes in front of the mirror. Cory suggested I could always return things that didn't work, so just get what I wanted and be done. He took the kids to the car while I waited 10-15 minutes in line to pay. I got a black hat, an ivory ring, a heather gray pencil skirt, a cowl-neck sweater tunic, a black cowl-neck shirt, a dress, long brown leggings, and a purple v-neck shirt all for $82 with tax. Yes, it was all worth it. Total time spent waiting and inside: 2 hours. I'd do it again in a heartbeat, without the family. They sure do love me!




1 comment:
Love it, you crack me up
Post a Comment