Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Brooke is 2!

[Halloween photos are coming, but this takes precedence.]
Brooke is 2 years old today, holla!  Here is how we celebrated (with tons of photos to prove one day how little she was since she's growing up too fast).
She started the day with a hot breakfast of hash browns, eggs, bacon, and hot apple cider.  Good-bye sippy cups.  Then we took her down stairs and surprised her with this kitchen set.  Cory's parents gave her the food set.  (Cory and I were setting that sucker up for an hour last night, but Brady's reaction made it worth it.  Oh wait, Brooke likes it too.)
 checking out all the food 
 I tried pig tails today and she couldn't get enough of herself.  Like mother like daughter, my brother-in-law would say.  (Shane, I know you love me!)
 Another birthday present was this photo collage I made for her using my free prints from Walgreens.  What's up.  I'm not just pinning, I'm actually making some of the crafts I find on Pinterest!
 Before lunch I made her birthday cake.
 We all picked Brady up from preschool and went bowling.
 Here she is, princess for the day.
 Showing off his great form
  
 Thinking she wants to give it a shot...
and taking matters into her own hands
 We ate dinner at Chick-Fil-A and Brooke enjoyed her chicken.
 We came home and she opened the last of her gifts, this Cinderella dress-up complete with purse and light-up shoes from my mom.  I LOVE her little belly poking out of the bottom.
 Then we dove into the cake.
 Brady decided he likes when Brooke has a birthday and can't wait until she turns 3.  I told him the more kids we have, the more birthdays we get to celebrate.  Now we've just got to convince his father...

5 comments:

Trotts said...

Happy birthday, Brooke! I love all the pictures, Jess. And that cake looks amazing.

Rachel B. said...

Like mother like daughter? So funny. You did the cake! It looks awesome and I bet it's pretty easy. Yeah for pinterest. I've actually done several things on there myself, surprisingly enough. Looks like she had a great day.

(Since I'm here...just check out the formula. See if they have any of the "gentle ease" type. Thanks!)

Reary Family said...

Happy Birthday Brooke!!! It looks like she had a great day, and lots of fun. Yummy cake, you did a great job. That picture collage is really cute, and could also be titled, "Brooke's Bows". :)
(Shane will laugh and agree with that comment. And yes, he does still love you.)

Jenna said...

You do have a love affair with the mirror. And that cake is HUGE! Wow, looks amazing. Yes I've made a lot of the teaching ideas I've found on pinterest..and recipes! I'm glad the princess had a great day~

Diane said...

You really go all out for birthdays! How fun!! The cake looks great. You should post more about that!! :)