Surely every first-time home owner has a whole list of items to purchase for the house. We are now to the "after one year" category on our spreadsheet, and a piano was at the top of the list.
After we were educated at the University of Colorado School of Music annual piano sale, I discovered that the need for it to look nice as a decorative piece was just as crucial as the need for it to function properly. We also realized that Cory cared more about the weight and look of the thing than the price. Now that is saying a lot. I guess he's helped too many people move pianos over the years. For that reason, and a few others, we went with a digital piano.
We found this shiny black digital beauty, hardly used, on craigslist. Cory and the seller's husband loaded it into the back of the Pilot and we drove it home with no problems. We paid less than 25% of what we were planning to pay for one at the store!
We were anxious for Brady to start piano lessons (I taught lessons to children half a lifetime ago), and his books finally came through media mail this week! He's had one lesson and done the first page in his theory book. I'm not going to push him on the lessons because I want it to be something he's interested in. I'm thinking 5 minutes every Sunday for now.
6 comments:
I would love a piano, even though I don't play:) Brooke looks adorabl!
That's so great, I know you will make good use of it! And it also looks like it has a lot more bells and whistles than ours so it's worth the extra money!
We bought a piano a couple of years ago and it's my favorite piece of furniture - I feel like when people walk into our house they think we are smart and cultured because we have a piano:) Brooklyn started lessons a few months ago and really likes it.
Love it! You will have to let me know how you like a digital piano compared to the regular kind. Mike's parents have one and neither of them play we will probably get it eventually- maybe when we have a house house. Mike played and I'd like my girls to. Myself I was forced to take lessons for years hated it the whole time and haven't played since, but like to listen to it.
My sister just bought a digital piano too! That is exciting. I feel like every home needs a piano!
I love the excitement Brooke is showing over this new "toy". Do you expect to see the same big smile when she's, say about 10?
I notice you didn't include any pics of Brady when he's having a lesson. I wonder if he gets the same kick out of it that Brooke does. If he's like any of my four that took lessons, I'm thinking maybe not after the first week or so. Fortunately for him, though, his mother put up the least fuss over having to practice.
Post a Comment