Thursday, June 2, 2011

19 Months

Brooke is 19 months old today. Recently she started sitting at the table with us rather than using the booster seat tray.
She is also sitting at the bar stools with Brady for snack time.
The counter is still a bit high for her, but she enjoys feeling like a big girl.
Brooke recently discovered the joys of calculator time. This is something the kids like to do while I'm calculating my grocery trips.
Another discovery this month was corn on the cob. Actually, we might have given her some cobs last summer, but this year she's actually eating the corn too. She could sit for quite a while working on the thing.
Brooke has become really excited about birds. I know it's the age, but she gets so excited and starts signing it every time she sees one. She is the same way about cats and dogs, but I think birds are safer since she knows they won't get too close.
I guess I haven't properly conveyed that Brooke is not all angel. My mother was surprised to hear that. She is definitely charming, sweet, and very affectionate, but there are times when she's a little monster! She is telling us no a lot lately, which has resulted in frequent time outs. We feel like 16 to 18 months is the time to start time outs. You gotta nip that disobedience in the bud! She is also an attention hog. Of course she gets so much attention from us, but when it's Brady's turn, she usually has a meltdown. She hits, pinches, screams and cries. She can hold her own for sure, and has been known to make him cry a few times. Sometimes it's hard not to laugh though. She's just so emotional and sensitive! She's also sensitive to noise. Sudden loud noises or high pitches (i.e. little girl squeals) push her over the edge (and us too on the latter!). It's probably because we are quiet people in a quiet house. That sounds funny, but it's true. Here's a little video from this month.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh I love it. It's great to record the good and bad so you can remember later. I feel like David and I are quiet people but our kids sure didn't get that memo...darn.

Diane said...

She is adorable. You are such a good mom. When I read about all the things you do with your kids it makes me feel bad! You're a great example!