I did it! I ran a mile today for the first time since I was just a few weeks pregnant. I had a 10-week plan to get to this point, and now I've done it. I have to say, running a mile here is a LOT harder than running in Cali where it's much closer to sea level. An hour later my lungs are still kind of burning. I'm sure it will only get easier. After my mile I worked for 20 minutes on the elliptical and burned almost 500 calories all together. It's such a great feeling to accomplish this goal.
7 comments:
Jessica- you are one amazing girl :) Last week I ran for about two min. on the treadmill...that about killed me.
I am SO proud of you!! You got there so quickly, I am so impressed! Running is seriously the hardest form of exercise because it's so mental and so physical!
Good job. But I do have a question - if you didn't run on the elliptical, couldn't you run further, or is it just the impact on the knees and hips rather than the aerobic output?
You are amazing.
Good job and congrats on getting your house. We need to come up and see you guys.
Way to go! That is a major goal. Now if I can only run a mile. I think I got like 6:30 mile in high school....if I could do that again, that would be awesome! You inspire me!
nice work Jessica!!
Post a Comment