Brooke looks so much like I did as a baby in this photo.

I was feeding Brooke when Brady woke up Christmas morning. I steered him into the bedroom so he didn't go into the living room before we were ready. A few minutes later we were set with Cory manning the camcorder. Brady was really happy about his Mickey Mouse bowling set, and I dare say that was his favorite toy. Go Santa!

After we opened our presents it was time to eat. For breakfast I used the leftover Sunday ham and made Cheddar Ham Strata. I made it the night before and just put it in the oven when I woke up. I knew we'd be eating lots of sweets throughout the day, so this was a great way to get in some protein.
Brooke looked cute in the outfit from Tracy, my former supervisor at USC.

Brady was excited about the scooter from Cory's parents, and he's been riding it in the house quite a bit. We did let him try it outside for a while on Christmas.

Being our first Christmas with just our family, it was time to decide what we would eat for Christmas dinner. I asked Cory if he wanted ham, but he said no, he wanted lasagna. That's what my mom always makes for Christmas dinner, and I'm sure she was just beaming when she heard that was his preference. So we ate homemade lasagna, homemade breadsticks (Rhode's still counts as homemade, right?) and salad. I know it's not typical, but it was good. I figure many of you ate ham or turkey for Christmas dinner, but if you didn't, I'd like to know what you ate.

I wondered how the day would be with just us, but it was great. Between opening and playing with our presents, eating good food, and talking to family members, it was a really special day. I think I'm up for Higginbotham Christmases from now on. It helps that Brady really got into it this year. I hope your Christmas was joyful as well.
3 comments:
Awesome. We are planning on doing our first "just us" Christmas next year. So glad to hear that it was a success for you guys. And what a cool scooter. I'm impressed that he can ride it!
Braden got the same beanie, but his was green. I am sure you got a great deal on it like I did. Brookie is so cute! We sure miss you guys! Looks like you are having a blast in Colorado!
Cute Christmas! We actually had sandwiches for Christmas dinner! With baked ham and turkey of course, but sandwiches nonetheless!
Post a Comment