Saturday, January 2, 2010

Brady is 3

It was a Thomas birthday this year. I bought the Thomas costume on clearance after Halloween, and I figured he might as well wear it for his special day.

He was very excited about the balloons. I always forget how exciting balloons are for toddlers.

Our first outing of the day was to the World of Wonder children's museum about 20 minutes north of us. I called ahead to make sure they were open. When we arrived, they told us they were filled to capacity and we should try back in 30 minutes.

We were already running behind schedule because of Brooke's feeding, so we just headed to Costco for a couple needed grocery items and lunch. Obviously that museum is popular, so we'll have to go back on a school day.
Grandma, Brady and I scarfed down this chocolate-dipped ice cream bar.

Cory and Brooke watched in disgust.

While Brady napped the three of us played Hand 'N Foot, my new favorite card game. Then we went bowling. Brady had never been bowling for real before, so we decided this would be a great birthday activity. He was excited to try it out, but after one game he was ready for air hockey.

We went to Bucca di Beppo for his birthday dinner where he got a cupcake the size of his head.


We went home and ate The Island of Sodor birthday cake.

I decided this year that his birthday cake should not only look cute, but it should taste good too. It's a triple chocolate bundt cake with cream cheese frosting.

It wouldn't be a Thomas birthday without the toys. He got trains and tracks from his grandparents, more trains from us, a football, and an Etch-a-Sketch. All his Christmas presents are forgotten, at least for the time being.

5 comments:

The Ortega Family said...

Happy late birthday Brady! I'm sorry I forgot to call on his birthday. Looks like he is a Thomas fan like Isaiah...it definetely keeps them entertained.

mptanner said...

What a fun Birthday and I just love the cake too! Happy late birthday Brady.

Jenna said...

A great toddler birthday!! Except he's not a toddler anymore....he's a preschooler!!! Crazy, huh?

emily said...

So fun! You're a good mom! And, you're welcome for introducing you to Hand 'n Foot. Our friends taught us and we taught my family and it spread like wild fire through the Andrus'. Now Grandma's the expert and makes up new rules all of the time! :) She's feisty too! Love it!

Diane said...

Very impressive cake. Looks like he had fun.