Thursday, December 24, 2009

Twas the Night Before Christmas

A family from church invited us and another family over for dinner since we weren't getting together with extended family tonight. After dinner their teenaged boys and the other couple acted out the nativity story. Then we sang happy birthday to Jesus and the kids blew out the candles on His birthday cake.

The nativity story ended up being pretty funny, but after the cake each of us said something we would like to give to Jesus this year, which was the spiritual part of the evening. Of course things don't always go so smoothly with toddlers. Brady only wanted to play table hockey all night, be we all enjoyed ourselves and it was nice to get to know them.

We got home and Brady ate his gingerbread cookie and left a couple for Santa.

We decided that will be one of our Christmas traditions. Then he pulled out the last window in the advent gingerbread house.
He was so excited for Santa to come that it was hard to get him calm enough to get into bed. I coaxed him with bubbles. Hmm. I guess Christmas Eve bubbles could become a new tradition too.


Finally he was nestled all snug in his bed...

but no sugar-plums yet. It's an hour and 20 minutes later and he's still wide awake. I guess it is pretty hard to fall asleep when you're waiting to hear Santa come down the chimney.

Let's just hope he doesn't get out of bed since Santa already delivered a few presents for him.

Happy Christmas to all and to all a good night!

2 comments:

Eilene said...

that does sound like a great tradition to follow. Glad you had fun even without extended family to spend your Christmas with.
I love the picture you've used for the banner. Brooke is really filling out--I can see that cute little chubby belly.

Jenna said...

Bubbles, how awesome!!