Brooke's cord was taking FOREVER to come off. She was three weeks old and had only a few sponge baths. She rarely spits up so she wasn't that gross, but I decided it was time for a real bath. We managed to avoid her belly button and got her all clean and smelling lovely. Later that night I found her cord in her nightgown when I went to change her diaper. I thought that was a little ironic.
Here she is all warmed up after her bath in her little bunny outfit. Terra pointed out that Brooke often has a confused or worried expression. I know this world can be quite confusing and a bit scary, but hopefully those scowls will soon be replaced by subtle grins. I'm looking forward to them in a couple weeks.
With all these posts about Brooke it might seem like I'm a first-time mom, or that I've forgotten all about my other child. I just want to state, for the record, that I am a second child and I don't want Brooke to feel jipped. I'm just trying to keep things equal.


3 comments:
She's just so very cute! And just as cute as her brother. Hope all is well!
I love real baths! She adorable. There's nothing better than a clean, bundled up, cozy baby. :)
She looks so chunky! So Cute! Xavier's cord didn't fall off until he was almost a month old..it took forever. We missed you guys at Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment