Sunday, August 2, 2009

6 months down, 3 to go

Here I am approaching my third trimester this week. I learned that I still have the option to do a VBAC, and that's still my plan. If I'm not dilated at 40 weeks, I can't see myself waiting another week to be induced. (Kaiser is pretty strict as to how far along they will start inductions.) I'm happy to still have the option and we'll see what happens. For now I'm trying to get Cory to commit to the name I like. I went to a yard sale yesterday and bought a pair of tights. The girl thing is kicking in now and I'm excited for dresses and bows, etc.

It has been so much easier getting ready for a baby this time around. Yes, I need to get some girl clothes, but we have most other baby things. I know life will be dreadful the first couple months, but at least I've been through it and know that I survived. With experience brings perspective. I just hope I can maintain that perspective when she's 7 weeks old and won't fall asleep until midnight. It's going to be harder to sleep during her naps with Brady around. He just might start watching more than his one half-hour show each day. What do they say about the TV being a babysitter? What if it's the Leapfrog Letter Factory DVD? That's educational, and that will be my excuse.

Brady couldn't have Daddy taking photos of Mommy without insisting on his own photo shoot. So...this is Brady at 31 months old. No, I don't really count months anymore. That would be crazy. He's just a little poser when it comes to pictures, and I'm glad. It took a long time for him to learn to smile for the camera. Then there was the cheesy fake smile phase, and I think that's over.

Lately he has been kissing everyone and everything (including the car the other day before I could stop him). Don't ever talk about a sore on your foot because he'll bend over and try to kiss that too. Maybe he's getting ready for his baby sister. Hopefully he'll still have a few kisses left for her in three months.

6 comments:

Becca said...

He's going to be such a sweet big brother. Riley is in an affectionate phase right now too. She'll give spontaneous hugs or tell me that she loves me out of the blue. This is one phase that I hope lasts for a while.

Andrea said...

You look great! When Tanner was born that Leap Frog Letter Factory DVD saved me!! We would watch that while I nursed. I had to put a limit that we could only watch it 2 times a day. :) But at least she was learning something.

Diane said...

You look great. I love your shirt. Is it maternity? Also, did you get something new on your wall behind you? That was where the fabric squares were, right?

Sara Jane said...

Hi, Jessica! I was cleaning up some emails and saw your blog link and have been a silent looker. Good to see you guys are doing well. Congrats on #2. You look great!

Jenna said...

Lookin' good Jess! Oh man I have gotten so bad with Cyrena and PBS. She's so addicted to 'her shows' Once preschool starts up I am going to put her on stricter schedule though. I'm so excited to see your baby girl, she'll be adorable!! Baby girls are super special.

Jenna said...

I also forgot to add that you will definitely feel better after having this baby. You will feel like supermom on crack for the first few weeks then the sleep deprivation might catch up with you and you may be miserable for awhile. Every baby is different so maybe she'll get on an early bedtime schedule early on! There's always hope! :) I was never good at napping with either baby so I think that was my main problem and why I was a mess. I was SOOO tired! But it passes and is so worth it. You always think you will never do it again but then you can't imagine not doing it again!