Yes, Colorado is beautiful, especially the two or three times it rained while we were there. That's right, rain in mid-August. I swear Brady had forgotten what rain is.
Over the weekend we stayed in a hotel since Becca's in-laws were staying at their house. This is Brady in our hotel room, like father like son.
Cory flew home Monday to get back to work, but Brady and I stayed until Wednesday. Monday night we walked to a nearby park for our Family Home Evening activity.
Tuesday was my mom's birthday. We went to Old Town Fort Collins and walked down College Avenue. Our first stop at 10am was a fudge shop where everyone but me bought chocolates. Whenever we went to the mall as kids, our mom would always take us to Kara's or See's and get us something. Becca is passing that tradition along to Riley, but it was lost on me. I guess I'm just not a chocoholic like the rest of them. I know, am I a woman? If we'd been at See's I definitely would have gotten one of those chocolate suckers though.
Another stop we made was to this great toy store. They have classic wooden toys like when we were kids. Brady had a blast tackling the big blow-up punching clown. He literally ran and jumped on it a couple times. My mom tried her skills at the hula hoop.
Asher tried on this hat that reminded us of our Grandpa George.
Brady, Riley and Leesa spent at least fifteen minutes entertaining themselves with this marble madness.
We ate crepes for lunch, birthday girl's choice. I'll admit I'd never had a savory crepe before, but I would definitely try another one. Mine had chicken, avocado, mushrooms, onions and provolone cheese.
We walked half a block to eat our lunch at this common area with tables and chairs, and water shooting out of the ground, a "cool off station" if you will.
Cool off was right because these kids got soaked. I hadn't anticipated the water and had no change of clothes for Brady. Fortunately the pants he wore repelled most of the water and his diaper remained in tact.
This was already going to be our last stop before we headed home for naps, so I just let him soak himself. Ahh, good times in Colorado. I hope to be back there again soon.











3 comments:
Great photos, Jess! I'm so glad you got one of Mom with the hula hoop.
That sounds like you had an amazing time. I'm so glad you got to go. I know it made you want to move there!!! Not that you didn't already. :) We need to talk and catch up, I'll try to call soon.
It was great reminiscing about our fun times together this month. Thanks for the great posts. Funny that hula hoop wasn't around my hips where it belonged. Guess I lost the knack over the years.
Post a Comment