Friday, May 1, 2009

May Showers

Today's rain goes right along with how we've been feeling lately. Cory and I keep waking each other up at night coughing and trying to get comfortable. Brady seems to be recovering now but he's still got the sniffles. Oh, and he hasn't given up throwing a fit every time he doesn't get his way. I wonder if I spoiled him being sick, or if he's just acting like a two-year-old.

He convinced me to let him play with my umbrella after we came inside from grocery shopping. I just couldn't resist taking this picture. He was so happy twirling that thing around. I'm actually amazed he didn't break it before I managed to put it up without him having a meltdown.

I thought soup would be good for dinner tonight, and since this one has a bit of a kick to it, I hoped it would help with the congestion. (Maybe that's just something I came up with.) For those interested, it's called Chicken Enchilada Soup and it's got corn tortilla strips, shredded chicken, enchilada sauce and a few other ingredients. I may have already put this on the blog, but oh well, I've put it there again in the Recipe of the Month section if you want to try it.

So here I am on a Friday night, in my pajamas blogging and waiting for Cory to come home from work. It sounds pretty bleak, but Brady just turned to me and exclaimed, "I'm so happy!" They say a happy child makes a happy home, so I'm going to have to perk up.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh, feel better soon! We are getting over small colds here as well. I was thinking about you tonight. My closet is color coordinated (as I'm sure yours is also). I realized I have NO red shirts. What's up with that? I know you've got to have one. When we were roommates I always had 3 or 4--remember you would borrow them when you worked at Target? Anyway, just wishing you were here so I could borrow a red shirt from you.

Rachel B. said...

Okay, first of all I'm totally laughing at Jenna's comment about the color coordinated closets and Target days. I love it. But arghh to all being sick. Pretty impressive that Brady is exclaiming how happy he is through it all. I'm pretty sure he gets that happy go lucky trait from his momma! And I will seriously have to try your recipe. Chicken tortilla soup is pretty much my favorite food so I'm sure I'd absolutely love the enchilada twist to it all.

Erica said...

Yummy soup, I'll have to try it out.

Alicia said...

That soup looks yummy!! I'm gonna have to give it a shot!